Friday, January 28, 2011

Harry Potter!!! (and a band-aid)

OK, all of you who even slightly know me, you know for a fact that I  LOVE to read. It's my favorite hobby. Now, the Harry Potter series; I was never dying to read it, but everyone said that it was the most amazing series ever, and I had nothing else, so I started it. And so began the hours of reading each and every day. I was mesmerized, the quality of the writing, the characters, the plot! I couldn't stop reading! (In fact, I finished the series in two months) I plainly can't tell you how much I LOVED that series. But now I'm done, and I can surely read the books from cover to cover over again, and it would be just as good, if not even more, but I would know what would happen. There's not as much excitement anymore. I get sad when I finish a series.... Oh! And another thing I admire about J.K. Rowling (the author of Harry Potter) is that she isn't afraid to let the important characters in her books die. I get so attached to the characters in my books, I don't want one to go. But when someone you love dies, it puts an unusual twist in the story line of life. (I'm not going to give anything away in case some of you read it); a character that I loved died. I must have cried for two days. But anyway, I'm now watching the movies, and they actually follow the books! A miracle! So, there you go! Maybe you'll read Harry Potter now if you haven't. It is the BEST! 


P.S. I learned how to make a band-aid online. See --> (::::[]::::). Cool! ;D

2 comments:

  1. I like your insight about characters dying. It is more like real life and draws you in, even in painful ways.

    ReplyDelete