Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Look What The Cat Dragged In

Hi everyone! Sorry, how long has it been? I have ALOT to tell you, but I could never fit it all into one single blog. So I will just tell one major event. So can you guess? I might get a new kitten! AHHHHHHHHHH!!! Exciting, right? Now I'm trying not to get my hopes up because I might not get her, but it's so hard not to get psyched! Let me tell you how I got my parents to even slightly agree with me:

One day at my church we were having 'Mom's Market' (which is basically one big yard sale, but inside) and there were 5 kittens there, and they were all free! They were the cutest things! I asked mom, and for some crazy reason, she considered it. But then she asked dad, and after a little discussing, I got a no, which was expected on such a short notice. Though they women selling them (who I knew) let me play with them to, hopefully, entice future customers (and it worked). I fell in love with one of the kittens, but I knew I would get another no, but at least I knew what kind of cat I wanted; playful, yet calm, and would agree to being held. My friend Jenna saw me playing with them and told me that her cat (she lives on a barn) had a litter of kittens and she was giving them away for free, and I told her that I wanted one. I asked my parents and they considered it. Next Sunday at church, Jenna gave me pictures. One night mom discussed it with me, saying it wasn't the best thing under the conditions, and the next night I showed her the pictures and had a little 'opera', and her heart softened a bit. Now we are back to considering. The main reason we can't just get one is (money) and mom is allergic, we think. But Jenna said we could test her out and give her back if it doesn't work out. Maybe I should give you her description: She's a calico, all white with three orangy-black spots on her back and one on her forehead. Her tail is completely orangy-black. She is CUTE! I'm thinking of three possible names, Noel, Bean, and Reese. Whenever I see a calico cat, I think of the name Coffee for no apparent reason, but Coffee just doesn't seem to fit her. (By the way, if you have name suggestions, please comment) I think that concludes this blog. Root for me, as the raging 'parent against kid and kitten battle' go's on! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment